Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Today's Run/Walk/Run/Walk......

Went for my "run" this morning at about 10.  It was 84 degrees out and since I am trying to acclimate myself to the heat, that was okay.  I am using three apps all at once, Google Play Music, Map My Run and C25K Pro.  I am having trouble with the music.  I have downloaded some of my I tunes to it and it runs ok for awhile and then it will say "that track is not available".  So aggravating while you are running.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong with the program, but I guess I will get it right eventually.  I keep working on it.  

The Map My Run app is great.  It tells me when I have reached a mile, lets me know how fast I covered that mile and then does it again at 2 miles.  When you look at the whole run you can see how fast you ran at certain spots and how s l o w you were at others.   It tells you what your elevation is too which is kinda neat.  I started at home at 5191 and ran uphill to 5285.  That is not too much, but enough to tell me I need to do it more to get in better shape.  My muscles hurt!   

I made a chiropractor appointment for tomorrow.  I know my back is out because my knees hurt and my left leg is bothering me.  When I go to stand on that leg a muscle inside the thigh feels weird.  Looking it up, I think it could be the "sartorius".  Assists in flexing, adduction/abduction (weak) and lateral rotation of hip, and flexion of knee.     

I am old, so that's probably much of the problem, but I refuse to give up.  Tomorrow I will rest, well as much as you can rest when you walk for 8 hours.  Friday I will get out and do another 2 miles and then on Sunday afternoon I have the 5K.  After that we will see what else I will do.  I need to sign up for another run for sometime in August and September.  

The C25K app is great also, but I have been ignoring it when it tells me to run....I stop running and walk when I feel the need.  I am stuck in week 6 cause I need to get that down before I get to week 7, which is mostly walk 5 minutes, run 25 minutes.  If I can't do run 10 minutes how am I going to run 25?  I can do it on the treadmill at the gym, but out on the road it is much harder.  I want to get to the point where I feel like I can run forever.  It's happened only once and that was on the treadmill in the air conditioning.  

Oh, and one other difficulty.  I gotta pee too often.  I don't want to go somewhere with no bathrooms.  When I ran at the Bosque trail, I peed before I left, stopped at the McDonalds close to where I ran and then had to stop again on the way home.  There are no portapottys at the Rio Bravo Bosque parking lot and the only one with bathrooms close by is on Central which is still a drive.  One cup of coffee in the morning is about all I can handle before a run.  Don't know what I will do if I ever want to run more than 2 miles at a time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment