Friday, April 4, 2014

Chiropractor Update

April 4, 2014:
This was my last draft of my blog....  Never posted.  I don't remember why.  I was doing so good at the time.    This was sometime in September of 2013.  I had to quit the chiropractor and therapist because I moved to California.  I more or less stopped running and have gained a few pounds since this last entry.  I am working on it tho.  I have a fitbit now that shows I walk over 15,000 steps a day when I work.  My back has not given me any problems, but I do need to do my core exercises before it does start bothering me.  I joined a marathon training class at the local JC and we meet on Monday nights to run together.  If I can meet some people that will run with me, maybe I can keep this up.  Today I go to work at 11, so I will do a small run before work.  We will see.  





Last week at the chiropractor my physical therapist took a new video of me.  The first was done on my first day before I started my exercises.  I have progressed far since then.  It has been about 6 weeks and I feel so much better.  I have ran another 5K, and was proud of myself for making it under 40.  My IT bands are loose, the roller is wonderful.  I highly recommend getting one. It will hurt the first few times.  I could have swore I was bruised it hurt so bad.  But it didn't bruise.  Now I can roll on my sides with only spots that are sore and it feels good!  My core is tighter, exercising has it's benefits.  The first time I did the core exercises I thought I would never make it through.  I could only do 5 "dead bugs" at a time, now I can do 40 without hurting.  My video shows I need to work on my hamstrings.  They are excessively tight, so work begins on those.  I wish I could explain the exercise to you, it really pulls those hami's.  My therapist also is going to help me work on running more miles!  Today I am to run 3 miles at a normal speed.  Next time she wants me to run 2 miles with interval speeds.  This is to get your body used to going faster.  

No comments:

Post a Comment